Click the picture to play Updating 50year old manual infrastructure Inspections with modern technology and robotics. Infrastructure Presentation Corporation is a nondestructive testing and robotic
CableScan® Cable-Stayed Bridge Inspection Service
CableScan® is a patented robotic cable stay inspection service that consists of two inspection services. The first utilizes high definition video technology with crack measurement capabilities. CableScan® does not require lane closures, man-lifts, bucket trucks or night time inspections. It is a self-propelled robotic system controlled by a base station that receives HD video transmission from the robotic crawler.
By utilizing IPC’s robotic CableScan® the coordinates of any imperfections along the cable stay are recorded as well as length traveled along the stay and corresponding length traveled along the deck. We can also provide the length and size of cracks and other abnormalities on the cable stay. A secondary CableScan® unit utilized magnetic flux leakage to locate section loss and corrosion of the steel cables.
CableScan® Visual Inspection Service Presentation Visual
- To Discuss a scope of work, fill out the form below an we will get back to you shortly.
Details of Grout Ports
Multiple Views, Angles &
CableScan® inspections take into account all of the required parameters of Federal Highways (FHWA) for bridge cable inspections. The location of any abnormalities along the cable stay are recorded so follow up maintenance and reviews can be performed. In addition the the location on the cable as well as the location on the ground are recorded so that maintenance crews can park their truck directly under the affected area. This makes is easier to instantly access the correct location for repair work.
By maintaining a historical record of the inspection, any inconsistencies however slight can be reviewed over multiple inspection cycles to quickly determine if there has been any increase in deterioration so that further repair action can be taken if needed.
- *No Lane Closures
- *Saves money (Inspection)
- *No Boom Trucks
- *Saves money (Repairing in a timely fashion will extend the service life)
*Safer for the inspectors
- *Less Subjective than current methods
- *Safer for the public (No boom trucks parked on the bridge at night)
- *Deterioration Progression can be properly monitored
CableScan® MFL (Magnetic Flux)
Robotic cable stay bridge inspection service. CableScan MFL is a magnetic flux leakage robotic inspection unit that can locate and quantify loss of metallic area inside an HDPE cable.
Steel Bridge Cables
- Through the use of IPC’s new patented and proprietary testing equipment and procedures, our inspectors can perform Cable Condition Assessments of bridge cables identifying loss of section and broken wires within cables. Our inspectors do not need cranes or bucket trucks. In addition, they do not require lane closures. CableScan® is a self-propelled robotic inspection system that attaches to the cable and travels along the full length of the cable transmitting data to the inspector’s laptop.
- In most cases, CableScan® can identify corrosion, loss of section and broken wires on site as well as cracks, holes and other anomaly’s on a cable. IPC delivers a comprehensive report identifying individual cable conditions as well as overall condition assessments of the cable system for the bridge. In addition, IPC can take high definition video of the entire Cable Stay and locate length and depth of a crack as well as position on the structure. With each inspection cycle a comparative analysis of any anomalies over time can help with early repairs and more efficient asset management.
CableScan® Inspection Service Presentation
By locating early stage deterioration and properly maintaining & conducting repairs the service life of our critical infrastructure assets can be extended and untimely replacements